The global market for synthetic biology is estimated to grow to $4.5 billion over the year 2015 owing to the developments in fields like biomedicine, biopharmaceutical synthesis, energy and environment, biosecurity, sustainable chemical segment, and biomaterials. Significant investments by major companies and emergence of new players in the market are also expected to boost the growth of this industry.
Synthetic biology is the fastest growing segment of the biotechnology field having number of applications. Synthetic biology provides significant number of near future commercial opportunities. Despite its emerging status, the list of applications is continuously growing. Some of these major applications include chemicals, enzymes, synthetic genes and other DNA parts, pharmaceuticals, biofuels, and chassis microorganisms among others.
Current developments in technologies like DNA synthesis and sequencing, specialty media, and bioinformatics, and the need for renewable feedstock are driving the market for synthetic biology. Rapid developments in this field are creating unique market opportunities and contributing to the growth of this field.
Synthetic biology is gaining tremendous recognition as a transformative technology as it has the ability to address food storage and security issues as well as handle other threats like climate change, energy shortage, and water deficits.
Read More: Synthetic Biology Market
- Energy and Chemicals
- Biotechnology and Pharmaceuticals
- Research and Development
- Enabling Products
- Biologic Components
- Integrated Systems
- Enabled Products
The research report on the synthetic biology market analyzes this market depending on its market segments and major geographies. The geographies analyzed under this research report are
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This research report is a comprehensive analysis of current industry trends, industry growth drivers, restraints, industry capacity, market structure, and market projections for upcoming years. The report also includes analysis of technological developments in the market, Porter’s five force model analysis, and complete company profiles of top industry players.
It provides review of micro and macro factors significant with respect to new entrants and existing market players with value chain analysis.
Major players dominating this market are Amyris Biotechnologies Inc., ATG Biosynthetics GmbH, Blue Heron Biotechnology Inc., Chromatin Inc., Draths Corp., febit Synbio GmbH, GENEART AG, GenScript USA Inc., Joule Biotechnologies Inc., LC Sciences, LS9 Inc., OPXBIO Inc., Solazyme Inc., Sloning BioTechnology GmbH, Synthetic Genomics Inc., Verdezyne Inc, and others.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- The report provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major industry segments
- It provides pin-point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competition
- This research report provides forward looking perspectives on major market forces responsible for driving and restraining market growth
- It provides comprehensive analysis of major competitors and their strategies
- It provides up-to-date analysis of current market trends and keeps you updated with technological changes in industry
- Report provides clear understanding of key product segments and competitive environment
- It provides technological growth map over time and explains its impact on industry.