Radio frequency identification (RFID) is a wireless technology becoming widely popular in various applications. RFID technology employed in healthcare settings may help in keeping track of medical staff’s compliance with policies to inventories they use. Staff tracking measures is the most common application of RFID technology; however, this technology is used in number of other applications in healthcare sector.
RFID technology involves use of small ‘tag’ devices that radiates radio signals which are received by RFID receivers. This tag is read when it is in the range of the receiver (reader). Information is managed by a computer and it allows the user to interact with the data. As this technology does not involve data entry operations and they enhance mobile healthcare industry, this market is expected to witness significant growth in the coming few years.
To BUY This Report Kindly Visit Us @:
With nearly two million people developing hospital acquired infections annually, hand washing compliance is emerging as one of the major application sectors for RFID devices. When the staff member approaches the soap dispenser, the RFID system will read the RFID encoded badge and record the details of the person in the system. Owing to its increasing use in healthcare industry, the global market for RFID in healthcare is expected to grow at the compounded annual growth rate of 29.6% during the forecasted period. RFID sensors are used for tracking sleep pattern of patients; RFID is also used in security applications in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry.
- Pharmaceutical/Blood Product Distribution and Tracking
- Patient/Medical Staff Identification and Tracking
- Medical Asset Tracking and Locating
- Implantable Device RFID use
Other areas (including medical documents and patient records)
The research report on the global market for RFID in healthcare analyzes the RFID market based on its market segments and major geographies. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of current market trends, market growth drivers, factors limiting market growth, market structure, and market projections for upcoming years. The report also provides analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model, and complete company profiles of top industry players. It includes review of micro and macro factors significant with respect to existing market players and new entrants with value chain analysis.
Some of the key players dominating this market are 3M, Alien Technology, Blue Vector, Hewlett-Packard, International Business Machines (IBM), Intermec Inc., Motorola, PositiveID, Solstice Medical, SupplyScape, Tagsys Inc., Versus Technology, Zebra Technologies, and others.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- The report provides technological growth map over time and explains its impact on industry
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major industry segments
- The report provides complete analysis of major competitors and their strategies
- It provides clear understanding of key product segments and competitive environment
- The report provides pin-point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- This research report provides forward looking perspectives on major market forces driving and restraining market growth
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of the market and by making in-depth analysis of industry trends.