SNP (single nucleotide polymorphism) analysis is the most common type of genetic variation between human beings and can be ideal for identifying the correlation between genotype and behavior of living organisms. Due to this reason, SNP analysis represents one of many pathways to personalized medicine. SNP analysis is used in different fields for specialized purposes; however, diagnostics and pharmacogenomics are the most promising applications of single nucleotide polymorphism.
Read More : SNP Genotyping Market
The SNP genotyping and analysis market is forecasted to witness double digit growth in equipment sales, chemicals and software with the introduction of more refined chips in the market with the ability to measure uncommon variants. SNP analysis is becoming popular for identifying variations in DNA sequences due to various reasons as
- SNPs are available in bulk and account for about 80% of genetic variation in terms of quantity
- They are stable through the generations
- They are easy to score
Prices and amount of content provided in SNP products continue to improve with the dropping prices of genotype on the order of ten-fold every two years.
SNP genotyping can only analyze the variants that are provided on chips. Despite recent technological challenges faced by this industry, there is still strong growth potential and money in this market. The need to find rare genotype variants will require new chips and more samples which are resulting in greater use of machines and chemicals in the analysis process. New microarray chips with more DNA probes are making their way into the industry as they are capable of measuring more variants. Development of these microarray chips will lead to new surge in projects.
Market Segmentation Based on Applications
- Life Science Research
- Pharmaceuticals/ Pharmacogenomics
- Agriculture/ Breeding
The research report titled “SNP Genotyping and Analysis Markets and the Future of SNPs in Personalized Medicine” analyzes the SNP genotyping market based on its market segments and major geographies. This report provides comprehensive analysis of current market trends, market growth drivers, factors limiting market growth, market structure, and market projections for upcoming years. The report also provides analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model, and complete company profiles of top industry players.
It includes review of micro and macro factors significant with respect to existing market players and new entrants with value chain analysis.
Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
Some of the key players dominating this market are Affymetrix, Applied Biosystems, Beckman Coulter, CombiMatrix, GE Healthcare, Illumina, LI-COR Biosciences, Roche Applied Science, Sequenom, and others.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This research report provides forward looking perspective on major market forces driving and restraining market growth
- Report provides complete analysis of major competitors and their strategies
- Report provides pin-point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of industry trends
- It provides clear understanding of key product segments and competitive environment
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major industry segments
- Report provides technological growth map over time and explains its impact on industry